Yes, you can get income protection insurance if you're self-employed.
In fact, income protection is particularly important for those who are self-employed.
If you were unable to work for a period of time due to no fault of your own, could you afford to pay the bills?
Could you continue to support your family financially?
Unfortunately, the self-employed don’t have the financial security of employee sick pay.
Therefore, unless you have sufficient savings in place, income protection may be a sensible choice.
Reassured Advice can help those who’re self-employed secure the right cover to protect their income.
Simply get in touch to compare quotes from all of the UK’s major providers.
Income protection in a nutshell
- Provides a tax-free monthly income whilst you're unable to work due to an illness or injury
- Pay out can be used to cover mortgage, bills and livings costs
- Covers an agreed percentage of your pre-tax income
- Choose from short-term and long-term pay out options
- Claim more than once during the term of the policy
- Available up to age 70
We can also help to compare quotes for other vital forms of financial protection, including critical illness cover (CIC).
CIC offers a tax-free cash lump sum pay out if you were unable to work due to a serious illness and is often compared to income protection.
Continue reading this helpful guide to learn more about income protection insurance for self-employed and how to find the best cover for you...