1 in 16 people in the UK (approximately 3.7 million) suffer from diabetes, meaning that more people than ever are now living with the condition.
Even more astonishing is that this figure is expected to rise to over 5 million people by 2025.
What's more, diabetes can increase the risk of certain conditions, such as a heart attack, some cancers or a stroke.
As a result, it's vital for sufferers to make provisions for their dependant's long-term financial future.
Taking out life insurance is a simple and cost-effective way of protecting your loved ones' whatever the future may hold.
- Can you secure life insurance if you have diabetes?
- Will additional underwriting or a medical be required?
- Do insurers treat type 1 and type 2 diabetes differently?
- How much more are premiums compared with standard life cover?
- What's the best way of securing the right policy at the best price?
Read on to find out all there is to know about life insurance for diabetics...