Risky hobbies, higher premiums
Whilst thrill-seeking can be fun for the person involved, it might not seem such a laugh when it comes to getting life insurance cover.
Insurers tend to charge much higher monthly premiums for those who they consider a high risk (or impaired) because of their lifestyles.
For example, a stamp collector is statistically likely to live longer than someone who regularly skydives. This means they will pay more for their policy cover because, from an insurers perspective, a claim is more likely.
Which hobbies are considered high risk by insurers?
If you take part in extreme sports, such as base jumping or hang gliding, you probably already know that you’ll be on the risk list.
However, some more innocuous activities, such as surfing, can also attract a higher premium. Just some of the activities which are classed as high-risk hobbies by insurers include:
- Track days
- Motorbike racing
- Competitive go-karting
- Quad biking.
- Scuba diving
- Some types of boating
- Deep sea fishing.
From the sky:
- Hang gliding
- Hot air ballooning.
- Rock climbing
If you take part in hobbies which could put you in the high-risk category, it is a good idea to compare multiple quotes as some insurers will penalise you more than others.
At Reassured we can save you time and money by comparing a wider range of UK insurers on your behalf – at no cost to you.
We’re never beaten on price, and will ensure you don’t pay over the odds for your life insurance, even if you do choose to spend your weekends being a daredevil!
Why use Reassured to help you compare life insurance quotes?
- We have many years of experience working with major insurers and smaller specialists
- We understand the different criteria employed by insurers
- We will scan the market on your behalf, identifying the most competitive quotes
- We will save you time and could save you money too
- We have a dedicated in-house impaired risk team
- 16,500+ people cannot be wrong! We have an average Trustpilot rating of 9.6/10
- We are independent, impartial and never charge you a fee
- There is no obligation to take out the cover we find
- We are non-advised – meaning we just listen to your budget & needs, before finding you the best policies.